Submissions are closed. Decision on paper and/or poster acceptance will be relayed to author(s) by March 31, 2018.
Abstract submission deadline is extended from February 28 to March 10, 2018.
We invite authors to submit papers, extended abstracts and/or posters to the 11th ICA Mountain Cartography Workshop.
There are two distinct submission streams available:
- Scientific and professional papers to be considered for publication in Cartography and Geoinformation journal. Extended abstracts should be submitted before February 28, 2018. Full papers should be submitted before June 30, 2018 using KiG journal online submission system.
- Scientific and professional papers, extended abstracts and poster abstracts to be published online and as workshop proceedings. Extended abstract and poster abstracts should be submitted before February 28, 2018. Deadline for final paper, abstract or poster submission is June 30, 2018.
Papers, extended abstracts and poster abstracts will be reviewed. Decision on paper and/or poster acceptance will be relayed to author(s) by March 31, 2018.
If a submitted paper, extended abstract or poster abstract is accepted, one of the following will apply, depending on the results of the review:
- Accepted for oral presentation at the workshop within a 20 minute time slot with extra 10 min for discussion.
- Accepted for short oral presentation at the workshop within a 15 minute time slot with extra 5 min for discussion.
- Accepted for poster presentation (authors will present and discuss topics in one special poster session)
Main conference topics are (but not limited to):
- Mapping for outdoor activities in mountains
- Mapping and GIS of mountainous areas
- Physical and topographic mapping
- Relief representation
- Visualisation of mountain dynamics
- Interactive atlases
- New media applications
- Glacier movement
- Rock representation